Picture of Saugerties1

Saugerties Democratic Committee

Picture of Saugerties2
Home Calendar Blog People Archive Get Involved Links

Blog Archive

Friday, October 28, 2011

Terry Valk urges his supporters to vote for Michael Harkavy

Saugerties District One Legislative Candidate Terrance Valk, a Republican, has publicly given his support to Michael Harkavy who is the Democratic and Working Families Party Candidate.


Valk, who is running on the Independence Party line, said, "I want to thank everyone who came out to support me. With one win, the Independence Party line, with 243 voters it will be hard to beat the Republican, Conservative and Democrat in November 8th elections so with that I will be supporting Mike Harkavy for Ulster County Legislature in District 1."


Harkavy, called Valk's support, "gracious", adding that "there is no greater compliment than having an opposing candidate endorse you. I want to take this opportunity to thank Terry for the confidence he has shown in me. I believe in non-partisan government and Terry's endorsement reaffirms my intention to work for all the residents of Ulster County regardless of party affiliation.


Harkavy also has been endorsed by many of the area's largest unions whose leaders have noted his strong working families and pro-worker position.

No comments: